Requirements for purchasing through Software at Penn State
Who is eligible to order?
Only current Penn State students, faculty, and staff are eligible to purchase (must be scheduled for classes or receiving a paycheck from Penn State). Please see below for special conditions:
- World Campus - Students enrolled in a credit-bearing course are eligible. If enrolled in a non-credit course, additional verification may be required; please contact us.
- Hershey College of Medicine - Eligible; no extra verification required.
- Penn College - Eligible to purchase. Current student Microsoft products may be purchased through the Software at Penn State website. Proof of paid registration or faculty/staff ID is required.
- Cooperative Extensions ONLY - Eligible to purchase; communications should be directed to our license control group at 814-863-7777 option 1 or email at email@example.com ; on-line orders require a Penn State Purchasing Card.
- Dickinson School of Law - Eligible; no extra verification required.
- Retired Penn State employees - Only those retirees with Emeritus status are eligible. Departmental only items must be paid for with Univeristy funds.
- All Adobe products are NOT eligible due to current contract terms and condititions.
- Eligible Emeritus status employees should check https://office365.psu.edu for Office 365 access.
- Penn State Alumni - Sorry, due to various vendor restrictions, Penn State Alumni are not eligible. There is no grace period and eligibility does not continue after graduation.
- Affiliate - Sorry, due to various license restrictions, those with Penn State "Affiliate" status are not eligible unless they are currently employed by the University and receiving a paycheck. Please contact us with any questions.
Departmental Only Items:
Due to contract restrictions, items marked as "Departmental Only" are not eligible for personal purchase; only Departmental funds may be used to purchase these items.
Student Only Items:
Due to vendor restrictions, items marked as "Student Only" are not eligible for purchases by a Department, with departmental funds; only personal monies may be exchanged for the product. Only those with student status may purchase items marked Student Only; those with faculty or staff status are ineligible.